Tanzania is an East African country known for its vast wilderness areas. They include the plains of Serengeti National Park, a safari mecca populated by the “big five” game (elephant, lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino), and Kilimanjaro National Park, home to Africa’s highest mountain. Offshore lie the tropical islands of Zanzibar and Mafia Marine Park, where whale sharks swim through reefs.
Key MNH Indicators for Tanzania
- Maternal Mortality Ratio: 410/100,000 live births*
- Neonatal Mortality Ratio: 20.7/1000 live births*
- % Skilled Birth Attendance: 49% **
- Ante-Natal Care (at least one visit): 88%**
- Ante-Natal Care (at least four visit): 43%**